- Around the Rez: week of Feb. 21
Upcoming news and events for the Navajo and Hopi communities and Flagstaff.
- Letter to the editor: Hopi villages have a say in what happens with NGS/Kayenta Mine
The coal mining lease between Hopi and Peabody Western Coal Co. (Peabody) expires in the year 2025.
- Around the Rez: Feb. 14
Upcoming news and events around the Hopi and Navajo reservations
- Community information: Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation warns community about recent flu epidemic
The flu (influenza) is here in full force. Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation (TCRHCC) learned how severe the yearly ...
- Around the Rez: Feb. 7
Upcoming news and events around the Hopi and Navajo reservations.
- Guest column: Trademark case dismissed, Blackhorse says movement lives on
It is very difficult for me to speak on this but it’s time.
- Guest column: 'Savanna's Law" could help find missing children in Indian Country
On Aug. 19, 2017, 22-year old Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind was reported missing by her family.
- Around the Rez: Jan. 31
Upcoming news and events on the Hopi and Navajo reservations.
- Around the Rez: Jan. 24
Upcoming news on the Navajo and Hopi reservations.
- Letter to the editor: “Those Navajo (Code Talker) boys, saved our butts”
I read in the Observer that Code Talker Teddy Draper Sr. passed.
- Public Safety: Whooping cough reported in Tuba City
Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation (TCRHCC) has confirmed an increase in Pertussis (whooping cough) illness in the Tuba City ...
- Community information: WIC cards replacing paper checks for members
The Arizona Department of Health Services has completed a multi-year effort to launch a system replacing paper checks with a ...
- Guest column: Welcoming the Winter Solstice
In scientific terms, the winter solstice occurs at the precise moment when the axial tilt of earth’s polar hemisphere is ...
- Letter to the editor: Moencopi Day School Governing Board president responds to community concerns
We understand, and appreciate, the concern in our community around our children’s education.
- Guest column: It’s official: NGS will continue to operate until the end of 2019
Until last month it was still uncertain, but last week we confirmed the Navajo Generating Station (NGS) will be allowed ...
- Guest column: one person’s remembrance of Pearl Harbor Day
President Franklin Roosevelt called it the “Day That Will Live in Infamy” after the American military installation at Pearl Harbor ...
- Guest column: Navajo Code Talkers should be honored, not disrespected
Watching the Navajo Code Talkers being “honored” by Trump takes me back to 2013, this very month, and even the ...
- Guest column: Navajo Nation will defend Bears Ears National Monument
Leaders of the Navajo Nation are extremely disappointed in President Donald Trump’s announcement that he will diminish the size of ...
- Guest column: Standing in solidarity with our Gwich’in brothers and sisters
Since 1977, drilling for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge has been hotly contested in Congress.
- ‘No’ vote on Escalade project is not a win for tribes, caters to special interest groups
I am writing in regards to the “No” Vote on the Grand Canyon Escalade Project from the council chambers Oct. ...
- Letter to the editor: proud of our Navajo Code Talkers
Long ago, dating back to the earliest times.
- Christmas tree lighting program thankful for community support
It is that time of the year already.
- Letter to the editor: Moenkopi Day School recall delayed
Parents, relatives and residents of Moenkopi Day School (MDS) and Concerned Citizens of Moenkopi Day School (CCMDS) have initiated and ...
- Guest column: Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation sponsors diabetes expo
November is American Diabetes Month.
- Guest column: Navajo lawmakers schedule Escalade special session
Navajo lawmakers could decide the fate of a proposed gondola and resort at Grand Canyon Eastern Rim later this month.